Friday, January 9, 2009

Quiet Angel?

Ah, the 'quiet angel' ! A classic example of an oxymoron if there ever was one.

The 'sly devil' would probably be more appropriate.

Have you seen those shy girls with demure looks? The ones our mothers hoped we could be like? Try talking to them. I mean, really talk to them. It will leave you scarred for life.

Yes, my dear readers. Let's finally talk openly. Those of the female species who hide under their supposed shyness and softness are hiding themselves for a reason.There lurks a very calculating mind and not a very warm heart.

The woman who laughs openly with you is a friend. Try the one and covers her mouth ever so decently (to disguise the sniggers). She probably is laughing at you. Then there is the 'coyness' of not smiling. They look right at you and look away to look busy. Wonder what goes on in their heads: "Am I wearing the right thing? What should I be saying? How should I keep my hand on the steering wheel? Which way should my eyelashes be directed?"

Creepy!

The careful pretense at bashfulness is not for our benefit. It is for theirs. Have you not let your guard down with someone who hardly ever talks, who tries to become a part of the furniture? (Reminiscent of spy cameras?) You will never get to kow them fully because they are so reserved in speaking their mind - and when you do know them - they are not very nice!

The shyness or the reserve, or its other manifestations, (I shall leave it to you to identify the various experiences you must have had) are not a plain act to protect a sensitive nature, it is an elaborate premeditated process which smacks of deceit. Try knowing one of these ghouls - they are hard, stubborn, unaccomodating and vain. And boy, do they get thier own way.

We seem to be the fools, who talk, laugh, and voice our opinions freely. But the freedom I feel in being myself I would not trade for anything. Maybe I am branded loquacious, unrestrained, too friendly, but I will take that anyday.

Allow me to add a caveat - this is not about the really shy,or the introverted. It is also not in praise of the bositerous, or the uncouth. I am singling out for this venting those women (maybe some men, and even children) who put on this facade because it suits them, and look down on those who do not have this artifice.

1 comment:

  1. read your new article left me wondering about a lot of people?? but one thing is for sure i will stop envying them cause sometimes when i use to look at them after my hearty laugh i use to feel guilty.now no more of tht thanks alot. lol lol
    Sabahath

    ReplyDelete

Why I Write

This blog is an attempt to bring out a new twist on accepted notions of society. It is an attempt to get the reader to take off the tinted glasses and look at the world with fresh eyes. If you agree with the ideas of this blog, and think anew, I would consider myself successful. If you do not agree with the thoughts on this blog and cement your own notions, it still made you think, and my work is done.
Look at the world with a refractive lens. The truth will stand out.


If you like my blog, you might want to check out my book for children-

Enchanting Fables (PublishAmerica)